- Last Updated on Friday, 13 February 2015 19:12
Jan 7, 2015
Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok
An MoU on the collaboration in Astronomy and Astrophysics was signed on Jan 7, 2015 as the deal agreed upon between the signatories of Yunnan Observatories: YNO, Chinese Academy of Sciences, the People’s Republic of China and the National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand: NARIT (Public Organization), Ministry of Science and Technology, the Kingdom of Thailand. Prof. Zhanwen Han, Director of YNO, CAS and Prof. Boonrucksar Soonthornthum, Executive Director of NARIT, MOST inked the deal as the President of CAS, Prof. Dr. Chunli Bai and the Minister of MOST, Dr. Pichet Durongkaveroj looked on.
- Last Updated on Monday, 01 December 2014 19:00
28 Nov 2014, Vientiane, Lao PDR
Thai-Lao tie has been firmly strengthened once again, this time, by science, technology and innovation. Dr. Pichet Durongkaveroj, Minister of Ministry of Science and Technology leads the Thai expedition to bolster the collaborative network at 6th Ministerial Meeting in Cooperation on Science and Technology between the Kingdom of Thailand and Lao PDR in Vientiane. Following on the MoU on STI signed on 26 Nov 2014, senior officials from both countries met yesterday at Senior Officials Meeting and came up with 14 collaborative branches to corroborate.
- Last Updated on Friday, 28 November 2014 14:53
Nov 24, 2014 Chiang Mai, Thailand
36th International School for Young Astronomers: ISYA 2014 commenced its inauguration. Under the theme of "Modern Astrophysics Theory and Observation", ISYA 2014 is packed with world renowned astronomers, researchers, and guest speakers from different fields and related sciences in astronomy and astrophysics to ensure that 39 participants (students from different regions of the world) are well taken care of. ISYA 2014 starts from Nov 24 to Dec 12, 2014.
- Last Updated on Friday, 28 November 2014 14:49
27 Nov 2014, Vientiane, Lao PDR
6th Senior Official Meetng (SOM) in Cooperation on Science and Technology between the Kingdom of Thailand and Lao People's Democratic Republic commences this morning as senior officials from both naitons join hands. The senior officials are meeting once every 2 years and covening prior to the Ministerial Meeting in Cooperation on Science and Technology which shall kick off tomorrow. Both meetings, this year, are officially arranged in conjunction with the State Visit to Lao PDR of the Thai premier, Prayudh Chan-ocha. Yesterday, an MoU in Cooperation on Science, Technology and Innovation was signed by the ministers of Ministries of Science and Technology of Thaliand and Lao PDR and witnessed by the leaders of both countries.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 27 November 2014 22:11
Stellar Winter Fest 2014
The Miracle of Celestial and Stellar Winter is back with a series of activities on offer. Come join us!
- Get to know basic stargazing e.g. Celestial Objects, Solar System, etc.
- Assemble D.I.Y. Celestial Sphere and Planisphere
- Observe celestial objects through telescopes and get hands-on on some of the most advanced astronomical instruments.
- Witness the miracle of the night sky filled with Planets, Milky Way, Nebulae, Galaxies, Star Clusters and Winter Constellations, etc.
- Seize the moment by capturing the once-in-a-lifetime image of the “Milky Way”