- Last Updated on Friday, 17 February 2017 11:22
30 January 2017
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Ms. Magarette Tongue from the British Embassy, Bangkok and Dr. Paul Griffiths from the UK National Centre for Atmospheric Science paid a visit to Thai National Observatory and were welcomed by Mr. Apichat Leckngam, Director of the Centre of Observatory Operation and Engineering – NARIT on Doi Inthanon National Park to explore of the state-of-the-art infrastructures that NARIT possesses. On the next day, Dr. Paul Griffiths hosted an exclusive contributed talk on “Tropospheric Ozone in the United Kingdom Chemistry and Aerosols (UKCA) model”, which was his area of expertise held at NARIT Headquarters.
- Last Updated on Friday, 17 February 2017 11:21
26 January 2017
Grand Hyatt Erawan, Bangkok
Prof. Boonrucksar Soonthornthum, Executive Director of NARIT attended ‘Australia Day’ and presented a token of appreciation to H.E. Mr. Paul Robilliard, the Australian Ambassador to Thailand to mark the auspicious occasion of Australia Day, held in Bangkok. He also had a privilege to meet once again Ms. Tomiko Roberts, First Secretary of the Embassy who attended NARIT-ICRAR MoU Signing Ceremony in Chiang Mai earlier last year.
- Last Updated on Monday, 30 January 2017 10:29
Doi Inthanon National Park
Chiang Mai, Thailand
24 – 27 January 2017
The oh-so-cliché ‘third time’s a charm’ has been rest assured in the spirit of an excess of success of the 3rd ASEAN Astronomy Camp 2017 as it resumes to mark the beginning of 2017.
“ASEAN WAY” does not go in vain up on the constellations: 8th SEAAN Meeting dignified in the heart of Vietnam.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 15 December 2016 22:27
Vietnam National Satellite Center
Hanoi, Socialist Republic of Vietnam
12 – 13 December 2016
Given bestowed integration of the ASEAN Community, the 8th Southeast Asia Astronomy Network Meeting aka SEAAN 2016 took place in Vietnam this year, enhanced its maximum capacity of regional cooperation in astronomy towards sustainable development.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 24 November 2016 10:32
COMAC Workshop Commences the First-Ever ‘African-Inclusive’ Under ITCA and SEA-ROAD.
NARIT Computational Astrophysics and Cosmology Workshop “N-body and Hydrodynamic Simulations of Galaxies and Large-Scale-Structure” premiered on November 21st as a benchmark of the ever ‘First-in-the-series’ in N-body and Hydrodynamic training hosted by the institute.
- Laos utters “Sabaidee” to the closest Super Full Moon Encounter at its National University.
- Astronomy soars as SEAAN joins hands with SCOSA
- Lanna Hospitality charms British Ambassador and Honorary Consul during NARIT Visit.
- Newton Fund scopes out in prevalent channels of bilateral projects derived.
- UK-Thailand Partnership condensed over joint astronomical research under Newton Fund