- Last Updated on Friday, 28 November 2014 14:53
Nov 24, 2014 Chiang Mai, Thailand
36th International School for Young Astronomers: ISYA 2014 commenced its inauguration. Under the theme of "Modern Astrophysics Theory and Observation", ISYA 2014 is packed with world renowned astronomers, researchers, and guest speakers from different fields and related sciences in astronomy and astrophysics to ensure that 39 participants (students from different regions of the world) are well taken care of. ISYA 2014 starts from Nov 24 to Dec 12, 2014.
- Last Updated on Friday, 28 November 2014 14:49
27 Nov 2014, Vientiane, Lao PDR
6th Senior Official Meetng (SOM) in Cooperation on Science and Technology between the Kingdom of Thailand and Lao People's Democratic Republic commences this morning as senior officials from both naitons join hands. The senior officials are meeting once every 2 years and covening prior to the Ministerial Meeting in Cooperation on Science and Technology which shall kick off tomorrow. Both meetings, this year, are officially arranged in conjunction with the State Visit to Lao PDR of the Thai premier, Prayudh Chan-ocha. Yesterday, an MoU in Cooperation on Science, Technology and Innovation was signed by the ministers of Ministries of Science and Technology of Thaliand and Lao PDR and witnessed by the leaders of both countries.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 27 November 2014 22:11
Stellar Winter Fest 2014
The Miracle of Celestial and Stellar Winter is back with a series of activities on offer. Come join us!
- Get to know basic stargazing e.g. Celestial Objects, Solar System, etc.
- Assemble D.I.Y. Celestial Sphere and Planisphere
- Observe celestial objects through telescopes and get hands-on on some of the most advanced astronomical instruments.
- Witness the miracle of the night sky filled with Planets, Milky Way, Nebulae, Galaxies, Star Clusters and Winter Constellations, etc.
- Seize the moment by capturing the once-in-a-lifetime image of the “Milky Way”
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 25 November 2014 09:36
November 24, 2014
On 16 November 2014, Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn graciously presided over the Inauguration Ceremony of the Regional Observatory for the Public, Nakhon Ratchasima in Nakhon Ratchasima Province. Her Royal Highness was welcomed by Prof. Boonrucksar Soonthornthum: Executive Director of NARIT, Dr. Saran Poshyachinda: Deputy Director of NARIT and other distinguished guests.
- Last Updated on Thursday, 30 October 2014 14:28
October 24-26, 2014
1st AAC – ASEAN Astronomy Camp or Modern Astronomy Technology Transfer within SEA Region Seminar kicked off with a great success as students throughout the region united. Over 30 students from 10 member countries of ASEAN joined hands and worked their way in this seminar under a close supervision from experienced NARIT staff/researchers and guest speakers. The seminar was a 3-day event, co-funded by NARIT and IAU (International Astronomical Union) rendering a significant perspective of what the students would pursue as a career in astronomy and related sciences in the near future. Furthermore, it also aimed to demonstrate how astronomy and its supporting engineering technologies could be used to enhance the socio-economic development within the region.