- Last Updated on Tuesday, 18 October 2016 11:10
NARIT ASEAN Astronomy Camp 2017
24 - 27 January 2017, Chiang Mai, Thailand
NARIT is hosting an annual 4-day pre-vocational education seminar for high-school students throughout Southeast Asia as “ASEAN Astronomy Camp”. This year, the camp resumes to be held at the Doi Inthanon National Park where NARIT owns and operates a modern, world-class optical observatory and infrastructures supporting research works and the public education, together with high-profile international scientific collaboration.
The seminar will be organized within the compound of Doi Inthanon National Park, Chiang Mai, Thailand. Aiming to raise awareness and enhance Science & Technology education, especially in astronomy, to broaden students’ vocational horizons, and to motivate them to consider their own future participation and roles in the region’s development, and able building their career paths in the related fields.
Additionally, students will be offered great opportunities to join exciting activities including (but not limited to) stargazing, Planet Walk, Astronomical distance measurement, learning the basic of telescope using by NARIT’s experienced staff. It will also provide participating youth to share a platform with their fellow students who possess common interests in astronomy, fostering the people-to-people connectivity across the region, serving to the ultimate value of ASEAN mission.
Host: National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand (Public Organization)
Date and venue: 24 - 27 January, 2017 at Doi Inthanon National Park, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Participants: 40 high school students from Southeast Asian countries
Qualifications for applicants
1. High school students currently enrolled in grade 9-12 or equivalent.
2. In possession of an ASEAN citizenship (in case of dual citizenship – at least one of them needs to be from ASEAN)
*** NARIT provides equal opportunity in participation for all qualified students regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information and military service. ***
How to apply
1. Complete the following question by choosing only one (1) option below.
a. A short essay with the maximum of 300 words.
b. A short video clip with the maximum duration of 5 minutes.
Stating on the topic: How does Astronomy play a significant part in your daily life?
2. For essay – attach with the application form upon email submission
For video clip – upload onto a public online open source e.g. Youtube, Google Drive, then attach a valid link upon email submission
3. In case of accompanying teacher (optional),
ask your teacher to complete the Teacher Application Form separately, which can be downloaded on http://www.narit.or.th/en/index.php/aac2017
4. Submit the completed application form, attached with your photo, to email: [email protected]
- NARIT will only support accommodation during 24 - 26 January at Doi Inthanon National Park (3 nights).
- Every meal during the camp, transportation to/from Doi Inthanon, is provided - with NO registration fee.
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +6653-2255-69 ext. 403
Address : National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand
191 Huay Kaew Rd., Suthep, Mueang, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 50200