- Last Updated on Tuesday, 11 April 2017 14:24
AAA2017 Fourth Workshop of the SCAR AAA
Astronomy & Astrophysics from Antarctica (AAA) is a Scientific Research Program of SCAR, the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research. Broadly stated, the objectives of AAA are to coordinate astronomical activities in Antarctica in a way that ensures the best possible outcomes from international investment in Antarctic astronomy, and to maximize the opportunities for productive interaction with other disciplines. This meeting aims to bring together the key players in Antarctic astronomy to conclude the 2015 - 2018 Implementation Plan and to coordinate future strategies and collaborations. This is the fourth meeting in the series, following the AAA2011 in Sydney, Australia, the AAA2013 at the Certosa di Pontignano, Italy, and the AAA2015 in Hawaii, USA. In addition to Antarctic research, projects aimed at Arctic astronomy are also invited to AAA2017.
Venue and Organization
This edition of SCAR AAA will be held 31 July – 4 August, 2017 at the Tweechol Botanical Garden and Resort in Chiang Mai, Thailand. It is being jointly organized by AAA and by NARIT, the National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand.
The language of the Workshop will be English.
The reasonable registration fee (registration page) includes:
• 1 night shared accommodation at Tweechol Botanical Garden and Resort. Single accommodation and additional nights are available for an extra charge.
• Transportation between Chiang Mai airport and the resort
• Breakfast, lunch, and coffee breaks during each workshop day
• Three dinners: the welcome reception, at Doi Inthanon after the TNO visit, and with the cultural event. Dinners on other days are not included.
The workshop venue is an exclusive resort which offers superior accommodations with many opportunities to experience the nature and culture of northern Thailand.
Travel grants are available to offset transportation costs to attend the meeting.
Please display the following mini-poster/advert at your institution.