- Last Updated on Monday, 06 March 2017 13:29
AAA2017 Fourth Workshop of the SCAR AAA
Astronomy & Astrophysics from Antarctica (AAA) is a Scientific Research Program of SCAR, the Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research. Broadly stated, the objectives of AAA are to coordinate astronomical activities in Antarctica in a way that ensures the best possible outcomes from international investment in Antarctic astronomy, and to maximize the opportunities for productive interaction with other disciplines. This meeting aims to bring together the key players in Antarctic astronomy to conclude the 2015 - 2018 Implementation Plan and to coordinate future strategies and collaborations. This is the fourth meeting in the series, following the AAA2011 in Sydney, Australia, the AAA2013 at the Certosa di Pontignano, Italy, and the AAA2015 in Hawaii, USA. In addition to Antarctic research, projects aimed at Arctic astronomy are also invited to AAA2017.
Venue and Organization
This edition of the SCAR AAA is to be held during 31 July – 4 August, 2017 at the Tweechol Botanical Garden and Resort in Chiang Mai, Thailand. It is going to be jointly organized by AAA and by NARIT, the National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand.
The language of the Workshop will be in English.
The participants are offered numerous incentives included within a reasonable registration fee. Among them:
• 1 nights of accommodation at Tweechol Botanical Garden and Resort, in shared accomodation. Single accommodation or extra nights are possible for extra charge.
• Transportation between Chiang Mai airport and the resort
• Welcome reception dinner, and dinner with cultural event
• Breakfast, lunch, coffee breaks during each workshop day. Dinners on other days are not included.
• Travel grants available for postdocs and students
The workshop is located at an exclusive resort which offers superior accomodation and many opportunities to experience the nature and the culture of northern Thailand.
Please display the following mini-poster/advert on your office.